Ice Storage Bins & Transportation
Scotsman NW modular ice machines require a suitable ice storage bin to compliment the production capabilities of the head unit.
Scotsman manufacture a range of ice bins in the NB/SB and UBH series. These ice storage solutions come in a variety of different dimensions and capacities allowing you to customise an ice production solution that’s perfect for your specific business needs.
Larger modular ice machines could benefit from being paired with either SIS or ITS ice transport bin which make the handling of large volumes of ice easier and more hygienic.
Features of the Scotsman NW 1408 include
• Vertical Cube System.
• T304 Stainless Steel Panels.
• Auto-alert Indicator Lights.
• Global standard footprint: strictly follows international imperial standards commonly adopted in the industry of reference.
• One touch cleaning: reduces labour costs and saves time and simplifies cleaning process.
• Front evaporator access: immediate access to the evaporating plate for quick self-maintenance operations.
• Head only ice maker: requires a separate storage bin to collect the ice produced.
• Space saving top air discharge: no need of side clearance.
• XSafe: natural sanitation system, integrated inside the ice maker and operating automatically 24/7 to keep equipment clean & safe.
Scotsman Dice Ice
Dice cubes provide maximum liquid displacement making this type of ice cube ideal for general purpose cooling of drinks. They can be made very quickly and are ideal for outlets needing high volumes of ice, such as fast food outlets. Dice cubes are available in three different sizes; half dice, dice and large dice to suit any application.
The ‘softer‘ texture of dice ice makes it the ideal ice for blended smoothies and cocktails as it smashes quickly without putting excessive strain on blender bearings.
Water is poured over the surface of a vertical evaporator grid plate with each cube forming in a cell on the grid. This is the most cost-efficient system where volume is the prime importance.
XSafe is a totally natural sanitation system which is fully integrated inside the ice machine. It operates automatically 24 hours a day 7 days a week to keep your ice making equipment clean and safe.
The system destroys over 99% of known viruses and bacteria (including corona-viruses), and substantially reduces the formation of mould, mildew, yeast and slime within the machine preventing unpleasant odours from occurring.